Thursday, September 4, 2008

Infant Massage

{Guest blogger: Mommy}
So, we went to Infant Massage Class last night where we received this bottle of massage oil. It was the first of a two-week session in using massage to calm baby. Ironically, I was the one who could have used the massage since Cameron had a royal hissy fit in the Jeep on the way to the class. It was so grand, in fact, that I had to pull over on the side of the road to give my little dear a bottle for a few minutes just to pacify him long enough to get to our destination.
Cameron seemed to do OK with the massage. He was the youngest baby in the class by about 4 weeks and the instructor said he may not respond well until he is a bit older, but we persevered and he tolerated most of the strokes.
So, tonight will be the experiment. We are going to try bath, massage, bottle, bed. According to Merideth (aka "Baby Guru") this is the path to a sleeping baby. Alright, Merideth...game on! I am willing to try anything that will give me a stretch of sleep that is longer than 2 or 3 hours at night. If it doesn't work I am asking for a refund. :)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

And.......how did it work?? I hope Cam is a good boy for you at the doctor today!! I hope he put on some more weight too!!