Saturday, May 1, 2010

Gardening

I woke up extra early on Saturday morning.  I just knew it would be a beautiful day and I wanted to get outside as soon as possible to enjoy the weather.  Mommy and I decided to plant some lettuce in our garden.  We are not too sure about how to make a garden grow, but we're going to give it a shot.

First, I got all dressed to go out.  This is the first time I got to wear my new boots that I got for Easter from Grandma and Grandpa in MN. 


Hmmm...they felt kinda weird at first.



Whoa!  I fell over the first time I tried to walk.  After that I did much better.


Mommy and I dug up the dirt and pulled out the weeds (at least we think they are weeds).  Mommy found a worm while she was digging.  She showed me how to hold it in my hand, but I decided I would rather just look at it on the ground.


He looks so cute there on the ground.


I helped Mommy cover up the lettuce seeds and pat down the soil.  Then we watered the seeds.  Now we wait to see if anything grows!

1 comment:

MN Grandma said...

Wow - Cameron you look like quite the gardener in your hat and boots.
When you come to visit you will have to help us plant tomatoes.
I am so glad you like your boots. They will come in handy on rainy days,too!
Love Grandma and Grandpa