Mommy and Daddy took me to see Santa. Apparently when he is not at the North Pole he likes to hang out at Southridge Mall and take pictures with little children.
Last year I was a very good little boy and sat right on Santa's lap. I even smiled a little.
This year was a different story. From the beginning Mommy knew it was not going to pretty. As soon as we stepped up onto that big platform I started to pinch at Mommy's arm. This is how I show her I am nervous. We walked very slowly towards Santa. I waved and said, "Hi" when we were far away, but as soon as I got close things got ugly.
After failed attempts to get me to sit on Santa's lap by myself, his elves suggested Mommy sit with me. They thought that might make me feel more safe.
Yeah, right.
Poor Santa. I wouldn't even look at him. I sure hope he doesn't take it personally. I would hate for him to skip my house just because I wouldn't smile for a picture this year. Santa, if you're reading this: I do love you. I'm just a little nervous around strangers lately. Please come visit me on Christmas Eve. I promise that I won't scream and cry if you come to my house. (I will be sleeping) XOXO



No comments:
Post a Comment