Saturday, July 4, 2009

"Happy" 4th of July

Today was the 4th of July. This is a special day in our nation's history and cause for a big celebration! Mommy and Daddy and I were lucky enough to get to walk in the Oak Creek parade. Unfortunately, the parade started right at my nap time. But, Mommy and Daddy thought it would be ok. They thought I would be so excited by everything going on around me that I would be my usual happy self and then peacefully fall asleep when the parade was over.
Boy were they wrong.
I was a very good boy during the parade. I did keep busy tearing the decorations off my wagon and trying to stick my fingers in the moving wheels, but overall I was a good boy. I did fall asleep in the car, but only for about 10 minutes. When we got home I acted like I was going to fall back asleep, but I decided I would rather play. Even though my eyes were red and sleepy I would just not go to sleep. Mommy and Daddy tried and tried for three hours to get me to take a nap. And finally...after two bottles, some lunch, a poopy diaper and a lot of running around the house---I fell asleep. And then the Shorewood parade started right outside my bedroom window. But I was so tired I slept though the whole thing.
Here are some photos from my first 4th of July. Since I missed my nap I was not my usual happy, perky self. Therefore there are not very good photos from the day.









No comments: