Monday, May 11, 2009

Minnesota Weekend

Mommy, Daddy and I drove to Minnesota to visit Grandma and Grandpa. We hadn't seen them since February so I had to show them all of my new tricks.

I was a very good napper during our visit. Mommy says that is because Grandma and Grandpa wore me out from playing with me so much. She wishes I could play with them all the time so I would nap that well at home.

On our first day there I had a little trouble winding down since I was in a new place and not in my usual bed. I finally wore myself out and just fell over asleep. Mommy has never seen me sleep like this before, but I did for about an hour!


Grandma and Grandpa had a new toy for me... a fun choo choo train that teaches me all about shapes and letters. I especially love it because I can walk behind it...my favorite thing to do.

Here I am giving Grandma a BIG thank you hug!


Grandma had a fun toy in her basement...an organ! I am a natural at playing beautiful music.



I loved to play the organ! Grandma offered to send the organ home with us, but Mommy and Daddy said it would be a fun toy to play with when we visit her.



I even figured out how to reach the keys on the top!



Daddy tried to teach me how to climb the steps, but I'm not quite ready for that.



I love to play with Grandpa's head. He has very tickly hair.


Here I am checking to make sure it really is Grandpa down there.



I got to sit in a little chair that my Daddy sat in when he was a little boy.



I also tried on Daddy's fancy wooden shoes from when he lived in a place called Holland, Michigan. They were not very comfortable. I think I will stick with my soft giraffe shoes.



Grandma and Grandpa's house has carpeting which is perfect for me since I am learning how to walk. I walked all around on that carpeted floor. It was very exciting...especially for Mommy and Daddy who kept cheering everytime I would take steps by myself. Mommy says she will try to get me to walk at home on our hardwood floors. But those hurt a lot when I fall down, so I'm not so sure I will do that.

No comments: