Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Busy Bee

I have been a very busy boy lately and have gone on some great adventures!

A couple weeks ago, Mommy and I met our friends Andrea, Olivia and Megan at the museum. I had never been there before. There were a lot of things to look at. I especially loved banging on the glass at the butterfly exhibit.
It was fun to see our friends who used to talk to me when I was in Mommy's belly!


Last week, Mommy and Daddy went on a vacation. They went to a very warm place that had beautiful trees and bright blue skies.

They saw some beautiful sunsets...


and amazing sand sculptures.



They went on a fun boat ride...



and had a candlelit dinner on the beach.



Daddy convinced Mommy to try zip lining through the trees. She is not too fond of heights so she almost didn't go. But, the guides were very reassuring and she had a great time!


The pool at Mommy and Daddy's hotel had a fun swim up bar. They spent time under the shade of the canopy there since they got very sunburned on their first day.


Mommy and Daddy said their vacation was just for grown ups so I got to go on my very own kid vacation to Gramma and Grampa's house!
On my first day there I went on a bike ride.


I wanted to drive the bike myself, but Gramma said that Mommy and Daddy wouldn't like it if they came home and found me covered in scratches and bruises so she drove.



I got to play in Seth's extra-cool Exersaucer. It was such a nice day that I played outside.



Grampa and I watched the Cubbies on TV. I learned how to cheer for them by raising up my arms when Gramma and Grampa say, "Yea!!!"




I was a very good eater.



I ate so many wagon wheels that Gramma had to go out and buy more!



Gramma and Grampa read me lots of stories. They were surprised by how much I love my Clifford book.



Seth, Kelly and John came over to visit me.



I was a very good boy and brushed my teeth every day while Mommy and Daddy were gone.




I rode on this fun car that Gramma and Grampa have at their house. We are borrowing it from Mommy's cousin until her new baby, Tabetha, is big enough to ride it.



Grampa and I had lots of fun making silly faces at each other.



I showed off my wide range of dramatic skills.



Here is my crabby face. It is accompanied by a nice, loud screech. Not pleasant.




We are all back home now and settling back into our normal routine. Mommy and I went shopping for a new big boy carseat yesterday. She can't believe that I'm too big for my baby carseat. She says that when I first came home from the hospital I was so tiny in it. But, I have been growing so much that I need a bigger seat now.
While we were shopping at Babies R Us Mommy saw this fun car and thought I might like riding on it. I had so much fun with the car at Gramma and Grampa's house. Mommy put it all together by herself while Daddy was at work. I like when Mommy and Daddy push me around on it, but even more I like to walk behind my new car. Mommy will take a video and post it soon.






A day after we got home from our vacations Mommy watched me pull myself from sitting to standing for the first time. She wasn't too worried though because she didn't think I would do it again for awhile. Boy was she wrong! That very night I would not go to sleep so Mommy went in my room to see what all the commotion was about. I was standing in my crib all by myself! I was very excited to show Mommy my new trick. I don't think she was too impressed though because she pulled me out of bed and went to get Daddy so he could lower the crib right away. Guess I won't be trying any escape moves any time soon.
Now that I can pull myself up I try it all the time. This means it takes a very long time for me to fall asleep. I just have to keep practicing over and over. Since I'm still learning how to do it I sometimes fall down and hit my face on the crib rails. This is the least fun part of learning new tricks. When I fall I cry and scream and Mommy comes in to give me hugs and kisses and get me back down in bed. I sure do love Mommy. I have her completely wrapped around my finger. Don't tell her, but I have figured out on my own that my crying makes her come in. Here is proof...
this was taken right after Mommy ran in to rescue me from a fall. I'm clearly OK...I'm smiling for a photo. I sure do have Mommy fooled! I'm such a smart boy and I'm not even 9 months old yet!

No comments: