Sunday, February 1, 2009

Swim Update

My first swimming lesson was very fun! I was the youngest swimmer. Most of the kids were over 1 year old already. I loved getting to watch the big kids.
First, we took some time getting used to the water. Mommy held me tightly as she swayed me back and forth. Then, we got a kick board. Mommy laid me on my tummy and I held on. We swam around the pool for a little while. My teacher was very impressed that I was kicking my feet. Mommy told her that I have been practicing for swim lessons ever since I was in her tummy. I was born a kicker!
Then, all the kids in my class got in a circle and we sang "The Wheels on the Bus." I already knew this song because Mommy and I sing it all the time! My favorite part was the people on the bus go up and down.
The last thing we did was practice floating on our tummies and backs. Mommy held me very close and we floated around the pool. I only swallowed a little bit of water.
Daddy came for the last 15 minutes of my lesson. He watched me swim and was very proud of me.
I can't wait for next week!

1 comment:

Gramma and Grampa Yerk said...

Cameron, You are a very lucky boy that you get to go swimming with your mom. It'll make you more accustomed to the water and make you a well-rounded boy and give you strong muscles. You'll appreciate that some day when you want to impress the girls, but not yet. love Gramma Y.:)