Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

We have been very busy over the past couple weeks. Mommy is letting me stay up late tonight so I can write about what we have been up to. She made me promise that I would sleep all night long, just like I have been doing for the past five nights.

{Note from Mommy: Sleeping through the night has been a WONDERFUL thing. Each night when you say your prayers, please say a little prayer that Cameron will continue to sleep all night...Dave & I certainly do!}



Here I am dressed in traditional Thanksgiving gear. Actually, this is Daddy's new thing. He loves to pull my shirt over my head like this at bathtime. I have to dance around and laugh and pretend to like it. Mommy says if I don't I will hurt his feelings because he thinks it's so funny. She likes it too though and thinks it makes for great photos. Grown ups do the strangest things for laughs. And just think, before I was born Mommy and Daddy used to go out with their friends for fun on a Saturday night. How boring!



Mommy and Daddy took me to the mall last week. We went to visit this man they called "Santa." He was friendly enough, but Mommy and Daddy kept asking if I told Santa what I want for Christmas. I don't know what this "Christmas" thing is, but Mommy listens to "Christmas" music all the time now. I'm starting to learn some of the songs because I hear them so often.

I have also been asked I have been naughty or nice this year. Now I have only been alive for about 4 months, but I'm pretty sure that I can do no wrong. So, whoever this Santa guy is he better show up at my house, as promised, with a bag full of toys. Or next year I may go for "naughty." That sounds like more fun anyways.


The same day we visited Santa, my aunties came to visit me. Here I am with Aunt Anna. She is very easy to impress because she loves all the funny faces I make. I love her.



I love my Auntie Lisa too. Here, Mommy and I are showing off some of the songs we know. I especially love "The Wheels on the Bus" and "The Itsy Bitsy Spider." Those always make me laugh.



That was a busy weekend for us, because the next day my Gramma and Grampa came from Illinois to visit. We played together a lot. I think I wore them out because they both fell asleep on our couch when I went to take my nap.



Here is a picture of me in my painting smock. I had just finished painting this...

{note how Daddy has pulled my smock up over my head for a laugh...AND Mommy took another picture}


This turkey took me, Mommy and Daddy all day to paint. We did little bits at a time.
It was really messy and REALLY fun!! I was a very good boy when I had paint on my fingers, so Mommy says we can paint again sometime.


Daddy read a story to me right after he changed me the other night. I thought it was a strange place to listen to a story...


but I sure did like it! Daddy is a good reader.



Here we are on Thanksgiving. I went to my cousin Seth's house. The grown ups ate yummy food like turkey, stuffing, cranberries, beans, potatoes, bread and pie. Seth got to eat a little turkey that was all mushed up because he is a big boy with teeth. Mommy is certain I must be working on getting teeth because I have my hands in my mouth all the time!

{Thanks, Auntie Amy, for the cute turkey bib!}


Seth has learned to crawl since I saw him last. I was a little jealous, so I decided to climb on for a ride. He makes a very good horsey.


Seth let me play in his Exersaucer. I had a lot of fun exploring all the toys he has. I especially liked the buttons you could push to hear music.


Here is my family on Thanksgiving. I am so thankful for my Mommy and Daddy. And they are very thankful that I am such a happy, healthy, good baby (don't forget to tell Santa that, Mommy!).

And, because no posting is complete without a picture of me sleeping...

Here is a picture of me taking a Thanksgiving nap with Daddy.


Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!!






No comments: