Yesterday Dave & I were watching the Cubs game & heard a small ruckus from the kitchen. We didn't think much of it until Maggie came walking into the living room with something in her mouth. First, we thought it was a toy mouse...that is until it began squirming around. I jumped up on the couch & screamed for her to drop it. She did & it ran off into the corner. She tried to chase it, but I lured her into our bedroom with some treats.
After an hour+ of chasing the very speedy critter around the living room {and completely ripping the room apart} we lost track of it & gave up our pursuit. Maggie was released to try to "flush out" the mouse, but no such luck...the thing was gone.
I went to take a nap & Dave put the room back together {after doing a very nice job vacuuming behind the sofa}. Before going to bed Dave set a trap under the sink. At 5:00 this morning the three of us awoke to the sound of a snap & a struggle. Maggie ran to the cupboard & Dave found the dead mouse trapped!
So, we are *mouse free* for the time being. Thank goodness... the next adventure like that may send me into early labor!
We are very proud of our little Mouse Hunter!
~E



3 comments:
you can take the cat off the farm, but you cant take the farm out of the cat - going back to her roots! ha!
she wants to feel needed, let her have some real food
I am with you...up on the couch!!!
Maggie's new name is now "Maggie the Mouser."
Post a Comment